CEIA THS 21 Conveyor Inspection Systems satisfy the most stringent requirements for functionality, compact construction, accuracy and reliability of response in dealing with accidental contamination in food products. CEIA THS 21 Conveyor Inspection Systems are available in a wide range of sizes covering different application requirements. The following tables provide a list of the standard available dimensions.
Category: Metal Detectors for Conveyor Belts.
Round Conveyor Belt Configuration THS/RB
- Conveyor belt integrated with Metal Detector and ejection system
- Full compliance with HACCP criteria
- Detection and ejection of magnetic, non-magnetic and stainless steel metals contaminants
- Automatic learning & tracking of product effect
- Digitally-adjustable belt speed
- Structure and components in AISI 316L stainless steel and foodcompatible plastic parts (EU, FDA compliant)
- Multiple ejection systems available: belt stop, air blast, pusher arm and retractable
- Maximum flexibility: all components are reversible
CEIA is a manufacturing company specialized in the design, engineering and production of Metal Detectors and Quality Control equipment. CEIA THS 21 Conveyor Inspection Systems satisfy the most stringent requirements for functionality, compact construction, accuracy and reliability of response against accidental metal contamination in food products. The line of CEIA Quality Control equipment includes the Conveyor Inspection Systems, featuring state-of-the-art performance and full compliance with industrial sector regulations. CEIA THS 21 Metal Detectors Series has been designed to manage all the functions required by the transport systems.
CEIA, leading manufacturer of industrial metal detectors, offers a complete range of solutions for inspecting food products, both loose and packaged. The line of Quality Control Detectors includes the Conveyor Inspection Systems, featuring state-of-the-art performance and full compliance with industrial sector regulations.
THS 21 Conveyor Inspection Systems offer total integration between CEIA’s high-performance THS 21 Metal Detector and a hygienic structure in AISI 316L stainless steel, equipped with digital control of the speed and of the stages of ejection of non-conforming products.
CEIA’s THS 21 are available in a wide range of sizes covering the different application requirements. The supporting structure, the Metal Detector and the belt control box are in stainless steel. The inspection system is certified fully compatible with food product handling (FDA compliant) requirements, as is the protective cover of the ejection area and the container for rejected products.
Exclusively developed by CEIA, this is a unique metal detection technology that both optimizes sensitivity to all metal contaminants and minimizes product effect in a very wide range of possible products.
By recognizing the different frequency response of conductive products and metals, this innovative technology cancels product effect and maintains high performance levels for all types of metal contaminants, both magnetic and non-magnetic.
The autolearn function used by CEIA Multi-Spectrum metal detectors equates to the repetition of hundreds of conventional transits. It explores the whole spectrum of available frequencies in order to determine the best operating conditions resulting in unique detection performance.
Full compliance with HACCP criteria
- IP65/69K compliant
- Structure and components in AISI 316L stainless steel and plastics EU, FDA compliant
- Superior washdown construction
Unequalled integrated I/O and communication connectivity performance
- Control of the belt motor, with speed adjustment
- Automatic ejection management with synchronization of the product transit
- Automatic synchronization with adjacent transport systems
- Verification of the availability of compressed air
- Bar-code readers support to automatically select the product related program in real time
- Verification of the successful ejection of the contaminated product
- Verification of the presence and space availability of the contaminated product container
- Management of encoders for a belt speed monitoring
- Remote management via Ethernet/Wi-Fi
- Conveyor belt with integrated THS/21x Metal Detector and ejection system
- Full compliance with HACCP criteria
- Structure and components in stainless steel and food-compatible plastic parts (EU, FDA, USDA compliant)
- Conveyor belt (flat or modular) made from certified food-safe materials
- System designed to the latest, most stringent safety standards
- Conveyor Control System compliant with UL 508A and CSA-C22.2 No. 14-05 standards (on request)
- High-reliability motor with stainless steel protective cover, high drive capacity version
- Easy belt alignment
- Digital speed adjustment
- Quick and easy to clean
- Easy maintenance and inspection
- Up to 500 product data memories, selectable by local programming or network software
- Up to 40 definable users with username and password
- Electronic records and Signature Management compliant with CFR 21, Part 11
- Data security
- Data integrity
- Data traceability
- Belt stop, pneumatic pusher ejection, air jet ejection, deviator arm, belt reversing (only on THS/FBB), belt retraction (THS/MBR). Other modes available upon request.
- Complete monitoring of occurred events
- Test results
- Programming accesses
- Programming operations
- RS232, Auxiliary RS232, BT wireless communication, Ethernet interface (on request), WI-FI and USB (on request)
- Acoustic: Via external buzzer and internal buzzer
- Graphic display with bar-graph indication
Light indicators on control unit
- RED: Alarm or Fault
- GREEN: Power on
- RED: Alarm or Fault
- AMBER: Alarm (optional)
- BLUE: Test request (optional)
- Local: built-in keyboard and high-contrast display
- Remote: through computer connected via BT wireless communication, RS232, Ethernet or WiFi and managed with CEIA MD-Scope software, THS Production Plus software or any other terminal emulation program or through Web Server (with optional IXC card)
- Conveyor Control System: Ejection confirmation, Photocell, Reset, Low pressure, Encoder, Bin full, Emergency buttons, Barcode reader, Following Conveyor, Inhibition, Bin absent, Ejector position check, Ejector check
- Conveyor Control System: Test request, Upstream conveyor, System ready, Ejection in progress, Alarm, Ejector, External beacon
- An internal self-diagnosis system continuously monitors Metal Detector functional efficiency. In the event of a fault, a message is shown on the control display and all alarm indicators are activated together with corresponding relays.
Safety and security
- Protection degree
- THS/21E Metal Detector: IP65
- THS/21 - THS/MS21 Metal Detectors: IP66 – IP69K
- THS/FBB, THS/MBB, THS/MBR: IP65
- THS/RB-800: Control System certified: Type 4X-12 (UL 50) available \ Conveyor System: IP54 (IEC 529) - IP69K available on request
- On UL versions, the Conveyor Control System has a 4X-12 certified degree of protection
- Noise level as per Directive 2006/42/EC: <70 dB(A); <130 dB(C)
- Compliant with international standards for safety and radio interference
Control Power Box
- Voltage: 115 V: 100-120 VAC / 230 V: 200-240 VAC
- Frequency and phase: 50/60 Hz - single phase
- Full load current (FLA): 115 V: 11.2 A (15.6 A for THS/MN21) \ 230 V: 11.4 A (15.8 A for THS/MN21)
- Nominal voltage: 230 V triphase
- Maximum power: 115 V: 0.37 kW (0.5 hp) \ 230 V: 0.75 kW (1 hp)
- Pressure: 600-1000 kPa
- Flow: 50 litres/min (piston ejector) \ 600 litres /min (air blow ejector, optional)
- Operating: -10 to +55 °C
- Storage: -40 to +70 °C
- Operating – Storage: 5 to 90 %, non-condensing
- ≤1000 m characteristic. For details of other altitudes, contact the Sales Department
- THS Production software for statistical and operational management of networked THS systems
- MD-SCOPE for maintenance and programming operations